Four weeks before the move
- Give us a call to help schedule your move
- Assess which household items you would like to save and which ones you’d like to keep (consider a garage sale)
- Give your physicians and dentists a call; they may have colleagues located in your new location. Get copies of renewable prescriptions.
- Take care of transferring school records.
- Check homeowner’s insurance policies to see if your move is covered. Make sure your new home is protected with personal-property insurance.
- Transfer personal insurance
Three weeks before the move
- Try to use up groceries before the move
- Check and clear assessments
- Arrange to have appliances services before moving them
- Use up or throw away aerosols, flammables, corrosives and ammunition. Also empty lawnmower and propane fuel tanks
Two weeks before the move
- Make your travel reservations.
- Tell the post office and obtain change of address forms. Notify magazines to which you are subscribed. It is necessary to fill out a change-of-address form for each person receiving mail at your new address.
One week before the move
- Transfer bank accounts and ask the credit bureau to transfer records to your new location
- Empty and close safe deposit box.
- Confirm travel reservations.
- Arrange for a cable disconnection.
- Make sure utilities are arranged for your new home.
- Make sure cash, certified check or money orders are ready for payment to driver before goods are unloaded (unless paying by credit card)
- Put aside maps, games, snacks, a flashlight and other items you’ll take during your journey.
- Drain water from all garden hoses.
- Start packing your suitcases.
- Drain gasoline from your lawn mower.
- Leave things in place that Reliable Transfer will be packing; for example leave glassware in the cabinet
The day before the move
- Place cleaning supplies, toiletries and a coffee pot in a special box to be loaded last and unloaded first
- Finish packing all suitcases
The day of the move
Let us help in planning your move in Juneau, AK.
- Be available to answer any questions, accompany the driver during inventory, sign bill of landing and confirm your new address and delivery date
- Make a final check of every room and storage area. Be sure that windows and doors are locked, keys are transferred and lights are out.